July 16, 2012

SYTYC and My Reveal

It's that time again, the polls are open over at So You Think You're Crafty.  This week's challenge was ombre.  Go check it out and vote!


I also want to share with you my craft from last week.  I did the Beach Angels for the theme Summer Bounty. 


I loved how these turned out.  I am still laughing at my inspiration for it.  Have you ever seen the movie, "Sahara," with Matthew McConaughey in it?  Well, he picks up a pair of clam shells and says they are called angel wings.  Yup, that was my inspiration.


This was such a fun and easy project to do.  I did it while on vacation in Cape Cod.  All the shells came from the beaches there and I picked up a hot glue gun for $5 and the jewelry cord for $2.


The thing that surprised me the most, that these aren't already being made and sold in beachy tourist spots.  Well, maybe it is being made and sold is some beachy tourist spot, just not the one that I frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...