March 16, 2011

Stealing From My Husband

My hubby is the Blogger over at, C4 - Explosive Leadership Tactics.   He asked me to take a look at his post for today and I told him I loved it so much that I was going to steal it and put it up for you guys to see.  So if you like it, go check out his blog and show him some love. 

The main reason I wanted to steal this, I am soooooooo sick and tired of almost being hit by people texting and driving.  It is so bad that I was walking with both of my kids in the jogging stroller, came to a crosswalk where a church was letting out of service.  I proceeded to start walking and noticed that the man who should have let me cross was glued to his phone.  I yelled out, "Hey buddy, awesome job texting!"  What did he do?  He looked up, went without letting me cross and then put his head back down and continued texting.  It's dangerous, so this hopefully a wake up call to anyone out there who thinks it's okay to text and drive. 

Wacky Wednesday - Texting and Driving?


Last week I gave a presentation on Multitasking. During that presentation I shared some results from a test Car and Driver Magazine performed in 2009. The basics are that the magazine had its' editors run a course at 70 mph sober, drunk, while reading an email, and while trying to text. A passenger had control of a little light on top of the dashboard. When the light came on, the driver was supposed to stop. The sober result was used as the baseline. Do you want to see the results?

Drunk: + 4 Feet


While Reading an Email: + 36 feet


While Attempting to Text:




+ 72 Feet!!!!
Pictures are not from the Car and Driver Test...

If that's the case, wouldn't you be better off drunk in a meeting rather than "responding to emails?" 
Perhaps as leaders we should just put the phone away and pay attention?

(I am not saying people should drink and go to meetings! Or for that matter, drive. We all know that is NOT a good idea!) 
Photo credits: unknown.

1 comment:

  1. I read this blog while driving. I'm just kidding!
    That's one crazy, eye-opening study.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...